I came across Kevin’s work on a small social networking site. I found myself enjoying a great deal, because his work always stands out for it’s creative composition and attention to detail. His work does not employ heavy post processing, nor does it rely on gimmicky filters or techniques. It stands out for itself, and as a result I keep coming back to it.
For the past month I have set myself the challenge of shooting primarily in black and white. The purpose of this was to change my way of thinking while shooting, and rather than happening upon compositions that work well in monochrome. These are the results:
A short time lapse video of an evening of Beijing traffic. Shot using a Canon EOS 5D.
Music credit: Blue Bhikku by Meturi
Welcome. Here you'll find Adam Scott's blog and photos. Adam is an agile software developer by trade and a photographer by night.
- email: email@example.com
- twitter: adam_d_scott
- github: github.com/adscott
- flickr: flic.kr/adsphoto
- 500px: 500px.com/adamscott
- Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Time Lapse Test
- iPhone Time Lapse
- Stunning landscape photography by Peter Zeglis
- Random Excellence - Kevin O'Mara
- A month of black and white
- Beijing Traffic
- Flickr vs Vimeo
- Simple levitation
- Random Excellence - MacArthur.K
- Random Excellence - Udit Manektala
- LX3 with a viewfinder
- Olympus Trip 35 - Initial Impressions
- Are you too tall?
- Shoot some film
- Time lapse - Part 2 - Animating images
- Bringing back pinhole
- Time lapse - Part 1 - Generating image sequences